Thursday, September 6, 2007

LIT 145 - reading for 10/9

For each author listed, the poems are required reading; the biographical information is optional.

Info on Lucille Clifton . Poems: “Homage to My Hips” and “The Lost Baby Poem

Info on Adrienne Rich. Poems: “Cartographies of Silence” and “For the Dead

Info on Anne Bradstreet. Poem: “The Author to Her Book

Info on Emily Dickinson. Poems: Read as many of these as you like.

Info on Anne Sexton. Poems: “The Truth the Dead Know” and “Unknown Girl in a Maternity Ward

Info on Sylvia Plath. Poems: “Childless Woman” and “Poppies in October

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't do Sylvia Plath, I think she's terrible, and I hate her poems. I'll need to discuss with you someone else... I adored isabel allende, so maybe I can do her. Thanks - Nici